HVE-VELOCITY Storage Appliance
HVE-VELOCITY platform is a 2U 24-SFF-Bay cluster-in-a-box solution that provides high-availability in an active-active configuration. This appliances is engineered with two Intel® S2600TP server boards (one board per node), each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processors in the E5-2600 v4 product family. Both nodes process I/Os and provide simultaneous and balanced access to the logical devices, which significantly increases overall cluster performance. When failover occurs, the secondary node automatically takes over the devices, client connections, and all processes/services of the system. It provides protection from loss of revenue when access to data resources and critical business applications are disrupted. The HVE-VELOCITY platform eliminates SPOFs (single points of failure). The all 12G SAS SSD design allows faster access to data. It is optimized for mission-critical, enterprise-level storage applications.
The HVE-VELOCITY is powered by Open-E JovianDSS which is a high-performance ZFS file system designed especially for enterprise-sized software defined storage environments. With its unique features, the product ensures highest data reliability and integrity for optimal data storage, protection, and recovery. It addresses the needs of enterprise users seeking a unified NAS and SAN solution with thin provisioning, compression, and deduplication. Additionally, the HVE-VELOCITY lowers the recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) in each backup strategy. It allows setting up an application backup with a retention interval as a disaster recovery plan for virtual environments based upon VMware. The software does not require the installation of any backup agent. With the HVE-VELOCITY, servers with crucial data can be easily and instantly restored in case of an unexpected disaster. Data protection prevents data loss and minimizes the recovery time with high-speed disaster recovery.
- High-availablity storage server optimized for mission-critical storage applications
- Fully redundant, fault-tolerant system supporting hot swappable controller nodes and storage drives
- Two compute nodes and Active-Active configuration each supporting two Intel® Xeon Processors E5-2600 v3/v4 product family and up to 512GB of DDR4 memory
- 10GBE, PCIe NTB or SAS link between nodes for communication and fail-over
- Built-in LSI SAS3x36R SAS expander per node
- Intel® Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header to support Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)